Friday, August 04, 2006

So Long I-AA

Hello "NCAA Football Championship Subdivision". Pretty catchy, ain't it? Here is a blurb from the article:

In another action regarding the two football subdivisions in Division I, the Board approved new labels. The presidents approved a change in terminology to “Football Bowl Subdivision” for the former I-A classification and “NCAA Football Championship Subdivision” for the former I-AA group. The Collegiate Commissioners Association helped develop the new labels. ...
So, they are now the BS and we are the CS. Sounds about right to me. I don't know if this will help us CS schools shake the inferiority label we have been tagged with over the years, but I certainly believe it will not hurt. Overall, I wish they would've picked a better name, but the new name for I-A isn't much easier on the tongue either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home